Criminal Defense Attorney Chula Vista
If you have been charged with a crime, call San Diego/Chula Vista Criminal Defense Lawyer Vikas Bajaj today. We offer a free consultation and are available 24/7 to take your call.
Mr. Bajaj is a criminal defense lawyer with over 19 years of experience successfully defending those facing criminal charges. Our criminal defense lawyers aggressively defend people accused of crimes throughout the South Bay region of San Diego County, including Chula Vista, Bonita, Imperial Beach, and Eastlake.
Chula Vista is home to the South County Regional Center, which houses the Superior Court for South County and the Chula Vista Sheriff’s Office. If you have been arrested in the Chula Vista area, your case will be heard in this court.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Being accused of a crime is a very serious matter that can negatively affect your life in several ways. Being the defendant in a criminal case can impact your relationships, your reputation, your financial stability, your job, and so much more. You don’t want to leave anything to chance or unknowingly be deprived of your Constitutionally guaranteed rights. That’s why it’s so important to seek the advice of a lawyer if you have been arrested or accused of a crime. In criminal cases, you will want criminal defense lawyers on your side.
How a Chula Vista Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help?
The parties resolve nearly all court cases during pretrial negotiations, and in criminal law, these negotiations are called plea bargaining. Attorneys must be very experienced to successfully plea bargain because they must know the applicable law and any relevant defenses that the defendant has.
Furthermore, they must be aggressive, because in most cases, the prosecutor doesn’t simply roll over and give the defendant a reduction. At the Law Office of Vikas Bajaj, APC, our lawyers add determination to their legal experience and aggressive posture, and this combination usually delivers results that exceed your expectations.
Why choose Vikas Bajaj?
Our lawyers are knowledgeable and experienced, and we are ready and capable of defending your DUI, theft, domestic violence, or other criminal cases in the San Diego area. We have years of experience and are always available when you need us, so don’t hesitate to call.
Criminal Defense Practice Areas
At the Law Office of Vikas Bajaj, APC, we limit our practice to the areas that matter most to Chula Vista families, including:
- Domestic Violence: This is another kind of case that almost always requires a civilian witness, although prosecutors sometimes try to circumvent the hearsay rule with complex legal arguments.
- Drug Crimes: Given Chula Vista’s proximity to the Mexican border, local police are constantly on the lookout for drug crimes. If you have been charged with drug trafficking or smuggling, find out how we can help.
- DUI: Even a first conviction means high fines, much higher insurance rates, and long-term license suspension; aggravating factors, like an alcohol-related collision, drive the penalties even higher. These cases nearly always rest on either circumstantial evidence that’s subject to interpretation or Breathalyzer test results that are sometimes inherently flawed.
- Juvenile Crimes: These cases require a special touch because juvenile law is often a cross between family and criminal law.
- Sex Crimes: Serious consequences will result from a sex crimes conviction, including lifetime sex offender registration. Do not take these allegations lightly and call us today.
- Theft: To obtain theft convictions, prosecutors must produce civilian witnesses, and this is not always easy to do months or years after the alleged crime. Furthermore, theft is a specific intent crime that is difficult to prove in court.
We also routinely handle expungements and many other criminal cases in Chula Vista and the surrounding areas.
Professional & High-Profile Cases
The Law Office Of Vikas Bajaj provides legal services to professional athletes, media stars, and high-profile personalities in San Diego. We respect every client’s privacy and keep our work confidential. To safeguard the client’s identity, personal information, and medical needs, the lawyer will take all the necessary efforts along with a designed representation to protect their career and reputation.
Vikas Bajaj – the best San Diego professional athletes attorney works with all types of professional and high-profile athletes. It includes sports people who are playing or have previously played football, basketball, baseball, or other programs. Athletes can contact us for compensation for physical or financial injury cases too. In the emotional time when you need honest, and objective advice, Vikas Bajaj would be the best so do not hesitate to contact a professional & high-profile athlete attorney today.
In all criminal cases, the state must prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. In California, that means that the evidence must be so overwhelming that jurors have “an abiding conviction that the charge is true” that eliminates anything other than “imaginary doubt.” Furthermore, prosecutors must prove each element of the offense.
There are procedural limits as well because search warrants must be based on probable cause and police do not have unlimited powers. In fact, in one recent United States Supreme Court case from California, the Justices sharply limited police officers’ authority to conduct searches following lawful arrests.
Speak to an Experienced Chula Vista Criminal Defense Lawyer
In criminal law, the sooner your San Diego criminal defense attorneys begin working on your defense the more effective it will be. If you are facing criminal charges for domestic violence, DUI, or other crimes, contact us at the Law Office of Vikas Bajaj, APC right away. Our San Diego criminal defense lawyers are ready to take your case and defend you from criminal charges to the best of our ability.